Great news for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone owners!! Android Open Kang Project team has finished the work on AOKP Milestone 2 built ROM and now you can install it on your T-Mobile’s SGS4 smartphone. This guide will help you update your device and most importantly its for users who have some knowledge on how to flash custom ROM’s using a custom Recovery Mode. But just before we begin the update, lets look at the pre-requisites required for this update.
- This guide is exclusively for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 model number M919. Don’t try this on other smartphones or tablets.
- The Galaxy S4 should be rooted and running a Recovery image like TWRP or CWM.
- Back up by creating a NANDROID backup of the current ROM just in case to revert back to the previous ROM after having installed the new Android 4.2.2 JB using AOKP Milestone 2 ROM.
- Back up all the data that you fear of losing and sync all that you can with your Google account. Just in case of loss of data, it will come handy.
- Enable the USB debugging options on your device and also make sure you have about 60% of your battery charge available before you being the update process. You will be forced to restart the process if the device runs out of juice in the process.
- Make sure you follow the steps in the guide properly as we will not be held responsible in case you brick your device in any scenario.
How to install AOKP Milestone 2 ROM on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for T-Mobile Galaxy S4
- First download and save the AOKP Milestone 2 ROM build from HERE.
- Then download Gapps for Android 4.2.2-based custom ROMs from HERE.
- Connect your device to your computer, then copy both zip files to internal memory card of your device.
- Disconnect the device from PC after copying the files.Then power off your device and boot into CWM or TWRP whichever you are using.
- At Recovery menu, select ‘Backup and Restore’ and create a full NANDROID backup of the currently installed ROM and press continue.
- Now again from Recovery menu, wipe data/factory reset and press confirm.
- Then select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and select the AOKP Milestone 2 zip and confirm the installation.
- Once successfully installed, repeat the above step to flash the Gapps zip also.
- Once you have completed both the installations, return to the main Custom Recovery screen and reboot the phone.
- Wait for the device to reboot and enter the device in normal mode.
- Now begin checking the newly installed ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4. If you find problems while loading the ROM, repeat the tutorial and you should be ok.
Congratulations for the newly installed AOKP Milestone 2 ROM and you should love it. In case you seem not to and want to revert back to the old ROM, you can always use the NANDROID back up we did and restore the device to the previously installed ROM. Have fun. Cheers!!