CyanogenMod has been a popular custom ROM among Android users. T-Mobile Galaxy Note users can now install the latest release CM 10.1.2 custom ROM built on Jelly Bean. This guide will help you successfully update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note with the latest version of CM 10.1.2 custom ROM.
But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- As the update process will require that you root your device, you are bound to lose your warranty as the rooting process is unofficial. But you can always get back by flashing the stock Android firmware.
- Also make sure that your phone has to on unlocked bootloader. Also you can use the CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to install CM 10.1.2 ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note
- First download CM 10.1.2 ROM from here and save it to your pc.
- Then download Gapps for CM 10.1.x ROMs from here and save it to your pc.
- Connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note to your pc and transfer the above downloaded files to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- If you have not taken a NANDROID backup of the ROM, this is the time to do it. For CWM, select ‘backup and restore’ and confirm the backup.
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the zip from SD card. Select and update the CM 10.1.2 zip file first and then flash the firmware.
- Repeat the above step once ROM is installed to install the Gapps zip too.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from Custom Recovery screen.
- There you go!! You now have CM 10.1.2 Custom ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note.
Check out all the features and services that come along with this ROM and see it they are all working well and good. If you find any issues, try to repeat the process again. And as always after using the ROM for a while, if you wish to restore your smartphone to its previous ROM, you can use the NANDROID backup and retrace back to the previous ROM.’