Samsung has officially rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware called as XXUDMH6 for the LTE version of Galaxy S4. The updates isn’t a major one and fixes few bugs and brings more stability to the system. So, users who have got the OTA update and have installed it might just want to root the device. This guide will help users to manually root the Galaxy S4 I9505.
Once rooted, you will be able to perform activities like overclocking your CPU for increased speeds, can install custom recovery images or flash custom ROMs. There are numerous things that can be done once you root your device. But before we go ahead with the rooting, make sure you understand all the risks involved in rooting and the pre-requisites for successfully rooting your LTE version Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Install the Galaxy S4 drivers on the PC you will use via Samsung KIES.
- Also make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- As the update process will require that you root your device, you are bound to lose your warranty as the rooting process is unofficial. But you can always get back by flashing the stock Android firmware.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Galaxy S4 only and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to root LTE Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- First download the root file from here and save the file to your pc. Extract the details of the zip too.
- Download latest version of Odin3 v3.07 from here. Once the download is done, save the extracted contents on your pc.
- Now connect your device to your pc using usb and tranfer the file just downloaded to your phone’s sdcard. Disconnect the phone once done.
- Now open Odin exe on your PC. Also, connect your device to your pc via USB cable.
- Once Odin recognizes your phone, you’ll see the ‘Added!!’ alert confirmation. Else, if the device isn’t recognized, then you will be forced to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Then go to Odin window and click the PDA button. You then load the file downloaded in your pc in step 3 into Odin.
- Leave the default settings as it is and press the START button for the updating process to begin. Just wait for the update to be completed and you receive confirmation when Odin shows the ‘PASS’ message.
- The phone then restarts and you can now unplug it from your pc. Just wait for the phone to boot into normal mode before doing anything.
Congratulations for having your LTE Galaxy S4 I9505 rooted with Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Jelly Bean. You can now install a custom ROM, or perform a custom recovery, overclocking your cpu and many more things which wouldn’t have been possible before rooting the device. Cheers!!