Good news for the Galaxy Ace 2 users that they can now update their smartphones with JellyBean 4.2.2 powered Touchwiz Revolutionised firmware. As there are no signs of Android 4.3 made available soon officially, you can make use of this custom firmware to get the latest features, apps and other powerful features to take your smartphone to next level. This ROM is based on the CM10.1 platform and comes with the Galaxy S4 UI which makes it compelling enough to give it a try. Hence you will be getting a Galaxy S4 looking custom ROM, Touchwiz Revolutionised comes with the S4 launcher, weather widgets, tones, status bar, dialer, contacts, settings, lockscreen and UI.
You can use the guide below to manually update your Galaxy Ace 2 with Android 4.2.2 JB Touchwiz Revolutionised Custom ROM. But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to update Galaxy Ace 2 with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Touchwiz Revolutionised Firmware
- First download the Touchwiz Revolutionised zip file from HERE and save the unextracted file on your PC.
- Download the Google apps package according to your needs and Save the unextracted file on your PC.
- Connect your device to your pc and transfer the above downloaded files to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- If you have not taken a NANDROID backup of the ROM, this is the time to do it. For CWM, select ‘backup and restore’ and confirm the backup.
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Select “+++ go back +++” and return to main recovery menu.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the Touchwiz Revolutionised zip from SD card. Select and update the file first and then flash the firmware.
- Then return, select “install from SD card” and choose the Google Apps zip from SD card. Select and then flash the firmware.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”.
There you go!! You now have successfully installed the JellyBean 4.2.2 based Touchwiz Revolutionised Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Check out all the features and capabilities of the newly installed ROM.In case you seem not to and want to revert back to the old ROM, you can always use the NANDROID back up we did and restore the device to the previously installed ROM. Have fun. Cheers!!